Monday 7 July 2008

Ought to go to sleep but am starting a blog instead

Well the title says it all. Have tried this blogging lark before and it failed miserably, mainly due to my laziness. I've never been one who could get past the 4th of January when making New Year's Resolutions to keep a diary, but hey ho, I'll give it another shot. You can't but call me an optimist. So maybe we could start this blog off with a sweepstake - how long do you all give me before it fades out? Post your answers and a prize to the winner (which you will never get because, of course, the chances are this blog would fade out because I'd have forgotten all about it).

Despite this bleak (realistic?) outlook, I'm keen to start a blog for several reasons. Partly because I have children who have grandparents far away and an online diary may be a nice thing for said grandparents, relatives and friends to read. Partly because I am rubbish at remembering my poor children's milestones, and if I can keep this up, then I can just email them the link if they ask me any questions in the future about their childhood. And partly this is because I always have a snack before bedtime, and maybe this will give me something to do while munching on my midnight toast. Or maybe it'll just clog my keyboard up with crumbs. Only time will tell.

Anyhoo, that tonight's round of toast finished so better start getting ready for bed. Night, night.

No comments: